BSB80120 – GRADUATE DIPLOMA OF MANAGEMENT (LEARNING)
This qualification reflects the roles of individuals who apply highly specialised knowledge and skills in the field of organisational learning and capability development. Individuals in these roles generate and evaluate complex ideas. They also initiate, design and execute major learning and development functions within an organisation. Typically, they would have full responsibility and accountability for the personal output and work of others.
This qualification may apply to leaders and managers in an organisation where learning is used to build organisational capability.
Various intake and start dates available. Call on +61 2 4608 9972 for more information
104weeks (80 Weeks study + 24 weeks holidays).Students are required to attend a minimum 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
Training will be conducted face to face on a fulltime basis in a classroom, with simulated work environment.
Assessment methods may include: Knowledge questions, Projects, Written reports, Portfolio of work, Assignment, Case Study, Self-assessment, Observation and Role Play.
All assessments are conducted in accordance with the Principles of Assessment (fairness, flexibility, validity and reliability) and Rules of Evidence (validity, sufficiency, authenticity and currency).
What you will achieve
By the end of this qualification students will be able to:
- Use various techniques and tools to stimulate creative or innovative thinking.
- Plan, conduct and report on applied research to influence strategic practices and outcomes within an organisational context.
- Develop and implement coaching strategies in a systematic manner, and to monitor, review and improve strategies to optimise learning outcomes for individuals and the organisation.
- Develop and maintain information processing systems to support decision making; and to optimise the use of knowledge and learning throughout the organisation.
- Plan, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate a mentoring program that results in learning forged through a defined and active learning partnership with a mentor.
- Cultivate new and existing partnerships, establishing positive collaborative relationships within an organisation.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification specified in the training package
RTO Requirements for International students
International students must meet certain English language requirements for admission into ASIA:
International students applying for this course either off-shore or on-shore will require:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed equivalent of Year 12.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- Educated for 5 years in an English speaking country; or
- Successful completion of an English Placement Test
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
The test must have been taken no more than two years* before you apply to study at ASIA.*The date when ASIA receives the signed written agreement (either through Email or in hand)
All Credit Transfer Applications must be supported by appropriate documentation. This may be in the form of a Nationally Recognised Qualification Certificate, Transcript and/or a Statement of Attainment, which corresponds with the same qualification code and name, unit code and title as those included in the student application and date/duration of the course.
Core or Elective
Contribute to the development of learning and development strategies
Lead strategic transformation
Implement improved learning practice
Contribute to organisational performance development
Develop a business case
Lead and manage organisational change
Develop and implement business plans
Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
Possible Career Outcomes
Units in this qualification reflect the knowledge and skills of individuals with significant experience in:
- Learning and development consultant
- Manager/head of department, registered training organisation (RTO)
- Organisational learning and leadership manager
- Operational Manager
- Workforce capability development leader
- Workforce planner
- Educational professional working within an RTO
- Manager providing research or information related to career development.
Above pathway information is in line with qualification description on National Training Register (www.training.gov.au) and/or https://www.myskills.gov.au/, it doesn’t imply any job guarantee or job role at the end of the course. ASIA doesn’t claim any employment outcome or job guarantee associated with its courses as it will be misleading.
Pathways from this qualification
Successful completion may enable the student to apply for Degree Level courses at other institutions.