Asia Institute welcomes international students
The Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) framework protects the rights of international students studying in Australia.
ESOS legislation makes sure training providers meet nationally consistent standards in education delivery, facilities and services, and provides tuition fee protection for international students.
The ESOS legislative framework consists of the:
- ESOS Act
- Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations
- Education Services for Overseas Students (Registration Charges) act.
- National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students.
- National Standards for Foundation Programs
- ELICOS National Standards.
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment administers the ESOS Act and the related legislative instruments which govern:
- the registration process and obligations of registered international
- the Tuition Protection Service
- enforcement and compliance arrangements.