RII60520 – Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction Design
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply highly specialised knowledge and skills in the field of organisational learning and capability development. Individuals in these roles generate and evaluate complex ideas. They also initiate, design and execute major learning and development functions within an organisation. Typically, they would have full responsibility and accountability for the personal output and work of others.
Various intake and start dates available. Call on +61 2 4608 9972 for more information
104weeks (80 Weeks study + 24 weeks holidays).Students are required to attend a minimum 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
Training will be conducted face to face on a fulltime basis in a classroom.
Assessment methods may include: Knowledge questions, Projects, Written reports, Portfolio of work, Assignment, Case Study, Self-assessment, Observation and Role Play.
All assessments are conducted in accordance with the Principles of Assessment (fairness, flexibility, validity and reliability) and Rules of Evidence (validity, sufficiency, authenticity and currency).
What you will achieve
By the end of this qualification students will be able to:
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) software including AutoCAD and REVIT to produce detailed drawings, plans and designs for construction work
- Project and risk management
- Preparing civil designs
- Managing civil works
- Developing construction management skills to meet the Australian market needs
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification specified in the training package.
RTO Requirements for International students
International students must meet certain English language requirements for admission into ASIA:
International students applying for this course either off-shore or on-shore will require:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed equivalent of Year 12.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- Educated for 5 years in an English speaking country; or
- Successful completion of an English Placement Test
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
The test must have been taken no more than two years* before you apply to study at ASIA.*The date when ASIA receives the signed written agreement (either through Email or in hand)
All Credit Transfer Applications must be supported by appropriate documentation. This may be in the form of a Nationally Recognised Qualification Certificate, Transcript and/or a Statement of Attainment, which corresponds with the same qualification code and name, unit code and title as those included in the student application and date/duration of the course.
Core or Elective
Manage program risk
Manage team effectiveness
Apply safe design principles to control WHS risks
Manage civil works design processes
Establish and maintain a quality system
Develop and implement business plans
Manage project scope
Manage project cost
Manage innovation and continuous improvement
Prepare Detailed Design of Motorways and Interchanges
Prepare Detailed Traffic Analysis
Provide leadership in the supervision of diverse work teams
Possible Career Outcomes
Units in this qualification reflect the knowledge and skills of individuals with significant experience in:
- Learning and development consultant
- Manager/head of department, registered training organisation (RTO)
- Organisational learning and leadership manager
- Operational Manager
- Workforce capability development leader
- Workforce planner
- Educational professional working within an RTO
- Manager providing research or information related to career development.
Above pathway information is in line with qualification description on National Training Register (www.training.gov.au) and/or https://www.myskills.gov.au/, it doesn’t imply any job guarantee or job role at the end of the course. ASIA doesn’t claim any employment outcome or job guarantee associated with its courses as it will be misleading.
Pathways from this qualification
Successful completion may enable the student to apply for Degree Level courses at other institutions.
Civil Construction Design Diploma in Australia
Civil Construction Design Diploma (109181G) in Australia
Astral Skills Institute of Australia offers a diploma in Civil Construction design that enables the students of the said program to work as construction designers or as paraprofessionals assisting professional engineers in their tasks. It is a national qualification in the civil construction industry equipping folks with sufficient knowledge and skills to work on a wider range of projects. From road design to the building structure, upon completing this course, one would have the essential knowledge of the civil materials and engineering behind them.
The Diploma holder of this course has an opportunity to work as a self-employed professional or as part of a bigger team at a civil construction firm; the possibilities are endless. They are required to be able to develop site-specific work designs per the project’s requirement, which would demonstrate a wide range of skills, including their technical and managerial levels.
Skills that one would learn from this course
- Understanding and managing the scheduling and estimation of the project at hand
- Ability to calculate the foundation and footing requirement of the planned structure
- Managing different aspects of the project, including schedule, risk, and cost assessment
- Understanding the structural mechanics; includes the loads, analysis, and the design of the building.
- Simulating various load conditions that are essential to understanding the viability of the structure by determining the stress, strain, and deformation factors.
- Using BIM (Building Information Modelling) to deliver project outcomes
- Detailed designs of both urban and rural roads as well as the surface and the subsurface drainage on the facility
- Understanding and analysing the various local and national guidelines that are essential for civil construction in Australia
Now, enrol for the course and shape your future well.