SIT50416- DIPLOMA OF HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
Various intake and start dates available. Call on +02 4608 9972 for more information
103 weeks (88 Weeks study + 15 weeks holidays) this includes 240 hours of practical placement.
On Campus, face to face delivery and Practical Placement
Assessment methods may include: Knowledge questions, Projects, Written reports, Portfolio of work, Assignment, Case Study, Self-assessment, Observation and Role Play.
All assessments are conducted in accordance with the Principles of Assessment (fairness, flexibility, validity and reliability) and Rules of Evidence (validity, sufficiency, authenticity and currency).
What you will achieve
By the end of this qualification students will be able to:
- Plan, organize, and coordinate events, projects, and functions.
- Control, monitor and evaluate systems and procedures to ensure smooth hospitality operations
- Gain managerial competencies to effectively manage a team.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification specified in the training package.
RTO Requirements for International students
International students must meet certain English language requirements for admission into ASIA:
• Students must be over 18 years of age
• Students must provide academic evidence of satisfactory completion of Year 12 or equivalent.
• Either a minimum IELTS (General) test score of 5.5 or equivalent for direct entry into a VET course or has completed ELICOS equivalent with minimum IELTS results (please refer test table below). ELICOS results must been interpreted to IELTS or equivalent on issued completion certificate equivalent by ELICOS provider. ELICOS must be taken before the main VET course and must demonstrate successful completion of Astral ’s Language and Numeracy Test on completion of ELICOS program.
Results older than two years are not acceptable.
• Evidence that they have studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States
• Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation course or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
For further information on student visa assessment levels, refer to the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) website
All Credit Transfer Applications must be supported by appropriate documentation. This may be in the form of a Nationally Recognised Qualification Certificate, Transcript and/or a Statement of Attainment, which corresponds with the same qualification code and name, unit code and title as those included in the student application and date/duration of the course.
|Unit code||Unit Title||Core/ Elective|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety||E|
|SITXINV002||Maintain the quality of perishable items||E|
|SITHCCC001||Use food preparation equipment||E|
|SITHKOP001||Clean kitchen premises and equipment||E|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices||E|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices||E|
|SITHCCC005||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery||E|
|SITHCCC006||Prepare appetisers and salads||E|
|SITHCCC007||Prepare stocks, sauces and soups||E|
|SITHCCC008||Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes||E|
|SITHCCC012||Prepare poultry dishes||E|
|SITHCCC013||Prepare seafood dishes||E|
|SITHCCC014||Prepare meat dishes||E|
|SITHCCC020||Work effectively as a cook||E|
|SITHKOP005||Coordinate cooking operations||E|
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace||C|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people||C|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices||C|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations||C|
|SITXFIN002||Manage finances within a budget||C|
|SITXFIN004||Prepare and monitor budgets||C|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational Plan||C|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences||C|
|SITXCCS008||Develop and manage quality customer services practices||C|
|SITXGLC001||Research and comply with regulatory requirements||C|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships||C|
Possible Career Outcomes
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops.
Possible job titles include:
– banquet or function manager
– bar manager
– café manager
– chef de cuisine
– chef patisserie
– front office manager
– kitchen manager
– motel manager
– restaurant manager
– sous chef
– unit manager catering operations.
Note: Above career pathway information is in line with the qualification description on National Training Register (www.training.gov.au), it doesn’t imply any job guarantee or job role at the end of the course.
Institute doesn’t claim any employment outcome or job guarantee associated with its courses as it will be misleading
Pathways from this qualification
After achieving Diploma of Hospitality SIT50416., individuals can progress to SIT60316- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Note: Astral doesn’t offer advanced SIT60316- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management or neither guarantees any pathway into further studies as the institute doesn’t have any arrangement with any course provider. Students may be required to meet the entry requirement of the institute offering pathway course.
Study National Diploma in Hospitality Management
Study National Diploma in Hospitality Management
Astral Skills Institute of Australia, the leading Hospitality Institute of Australia, offers a diploma program that is both nationally and internationally recognised. We are The Hospitality Institute of Australia, ensuring that our students have a competitive advantage in the market. Our diploma holders are some of the most sought-after professionals in the market. Upon completing this course, our students can confidently reach out to any hospitality institution in the country and would immediately become one of their top applicants. They can move forward with full confidence.
What You Get When Enrolling for a Diploma of Hospitality Management (102512F)
- Internationally recognised education: The Diploma holder of our Hospitality program can apply to work in any hospitality worldwide and fulfil their career goals.
- Boundless opportunities: It is safe to say that on the completion of the diploma from the premier Institute of Hospitality in Australia, our students will have boundless prospects. They would be eligible to work in restaurants, travel agencies, as a resort manager, restaurant manager, leisure, sports & event manager and many more. The world is their oyster.
- Gain managerial abilities: In our course, we train our students on how they can efficiently manage their team with leadership qualities. The students would be able to control, monitor, and evaluate the in-operation system to ensure a smooth running of the operation.
- Planning and coordinating events: Our National Diploma in Hospitality Management (102512F) holder would be able to plan, organisation and then coordinate events according to their client requirements.
- Understanding safe practices in the industry with practical knowledge: Our course includes practical classes with a keen focus on safe practices and procedures in the hospitality industry.
If hospitality always interests you, this diploma course is just for you. So, get enrolled now.